Sunday, January 18, 2009
Family Bike Ride
So we finally got to have our first family bike ride. We have been wanting to start having family bike rides. Usually when we went to the park Peter and the kids would ride their bikes and I would walk with Noah in the stroller. Then our neighbors gave us a bike trailer since their kids have outgrown it and can ride their own bikes now. So it seemed all we needed was a bike for me, so I told Peter that was all I wanted for Christmas. Then a couple of days before Christmas a neighbor kid asked Peter to let him ride his bike, he is a good kid who plays with our kids often, so Peter let him and of course he broke the bike. Then I got a bike for Christmas and we were waiting on the two parts Peter ordered on ebay for his bike, which took forever. So the parts come and Peter fixes the bike, it needs to be ajusted but it will work in certin gears. So Peter hooks up the trailer to his bike and loads all four kids in it to take a test drive and the kids love it. So we are now ready for our first family bike ride, Peter put Noah and Abbie in the trailer, which upset Daniel because he wanted to ride too, and off we go we started to go around the block. It seemed to me that Peter seemed to be peddling alot faster than me, so I asked if he was trying to get a work out or if he was in the wrong gear. So he tried to change gears and the chain broke. So he ended up have to push his bike like a scooter the rest of the way home and thus ended our first family bike ride. Now his bike is in the shop and we can try again next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Put stories like this in a journal for your kids - they will love reading it later in life - I wish I had done that for you guys! I know we did fun things, but I just can't remember much anymnore - very sad!
Post a Comment